watch the film
In this collection of TED Talks and exclusive interviews, we asked cross-sector leaders to discuss the challenges — and opportunities — of carbon credits. Here’s what they said:
Is there a role for carbon credits on the pathway to a net-zero future? Here are a few thought-provoking prompts to help you start the conversation with your organization, friends, family and followers.
- Are carbon credits as they currently work accomplishing that they claim?
- Who should benefit from a “successful” carbon market, and what should its goals be?
- Do carbon credits provide a free pass for businesses to get out of harder or more expensive climate action? Or do they channel funding to important initiatives? Or both?
- Is “net-zero” a valuable way to think about carbon emissions reduction?
- How can we rethink or restructure carbon credits and markets to encourage climate-positive outcomes we actually want?
Watch the Full Stage Sessions
Multidisciplinary experts discuss the science of carbon credits, major challenges in effectively implementing them, and creative pathways forward.
A focus on the state of science, what’s not working and how the current system is failing, and perspectives from different parts of the world on what we need to do about it.